THE EIGHT COMMON ENT DISEASES
There are eight common ailments afflicting our ears, nose and throat. These are Tonsillitis; Stomatitis; Sneezing; Pyorrhoea, Ear pus; Voice hoarseness; Glossitis and Epistaxis. Let’s study each of them:
In Ayurveda, Tonsillitis is known as ‘Tundekeri’.
More often than not, people suffering from constipation suffer from tonsillitis.
Children are more prone to tonsillitis than adults. Cough and cold attacks accompany tonsillitis.
WHAT EXACTLY IS TONSILITIS?
Tonsilitis or Tundekeri refers to the inflammation of the lymphoid tissues. These tissues are the tiny rounded masses of flesh located behind the tongue. Their exact positions are on either side of the pharynx and between the faucis (pillars).
The usual symptoms of tonsillitis are difficulty breathing and problems in swallowing food; fever; coated tongue; persistent bouts of cough and pain in the throat. Children may even have fever.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. Don’t bathe;
2. Refrain from catnaps during daytime;
3. Maintain regular movement of bowels.
1. Avoid all sour things;
2. Stay away from sugarcane juice as well;
3. Moreover, never consume heavy, dry and hard food items;
4. Patient suffering from tonsillitis should not drink milk or have curd.
5. Regularly have meat soup;
6. Pulses like kulattha and moong are also beneficial for such people;
7. Consume as much as you can of raw and fresh radish; biter gourd, methi, and patola.